LAKELAND/BAKERY HAUL

Sometime earlier this year, I discovered Lakeland. I'm not sure how or when, but ever since I've been completely addicted! I've always enjoyed baking - it's a tradition for me to make all my family/boyfriend's birthday cakes - but this store has seemed to fuel that even more and I cannot wait to have my own kitchen to go baking crazy with. 


If you haven't heard of Lakeland before, it's a shop which sells amazing baking and cookery goods, alongside other home-ware bits and bobs. They sell things which you won't find elsewhere on the high-street, and have incredible cake pans/moulds! It can be a bit pricey though and that explains why most of my haul was found in the sale.

I also realised that my blog is very picture heavy - so I'm trying out this new 'read more' layout to try and keep it less cluttered.

LAKELAND


Icing Syringe Set - I haven't had a chance to use this yet as I actually ran out of icing sugar while I was decorating a cake! Looking forward to using this though, it comes with a metal syringe and five different nozzles to create different patterns.





Mini Muffin Cases - I bought these to use with my mini cupcake maker which I bought off eBay (originally from Lakeland) 


I bought this chocolate moulding set in the sale for a couple of pounds. I just thought it'd be really nice to decorate cakes with - especially as I don't have any number cutters, only alphabet ones.


I finally bought myself a chocolate melting pot after months of lusting. I did go to buy this a couple of times previously but always got convinced that it wasn't a good idea..but I couldn't hold back any longer. This will work great with my number mould!


Comma Cake Pan - I had eyed this up in the store before, and couldn't resist after seeing this in the sale for £8.99. It's actually much bigger than I expected and requires a 6 egg cake mixture..but I think this will be fun to play around with!

POUNDLAND

I was shocked/amazed when I went in Poundland the other day to find loads of lovely baking things! I had no idea they stocked any of this. I bought a few things but also rejected some for the lack of quality - to be expected really for just £1. 


I bought this small heart shaped cake tin..well because it was cute really. Who doesn't want heart shaped mini cakes?! This will be great for valentines or making baking goodies for my boyfriend.


This pastel writing icing set just had to be bought. Although I prefer to use ready to roll icing with my Lakeland alphabet cutters to decorate cakes, I thought these would come in handy somewhere.


Pink edible glitter. Need I say more?! 

I also got the glitter in this gold colour as I've wanted some for ages.


TK MAXX


I'm terrible at resisting cute little baking goods like this. I spotted this on the till points for £2.99 as my friend was buying something and had to buy it. There's four different sections - cookie cream crunch, nut crunch, orange crème and another chocolately one.

Last but not least, I bought this simple round cake tin from Sainsbury's. It's a good size and depth, and my current cake tins are long overdue a replacement!




I hope that you've enjoyed reading about my latest buys. Do you enjoy baking/Lakeland as much as I do? Let me know!

Dayna x






3 comments:

  1. I wish I was a good baker- however the only thing I seem to be able to make is toast- which i often burn haha! I can't wait to see if you post any of your creations :)
    great post- amazing blog!

    wiyld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! I've never seen a comma cake pan before. I'd love to have one and make a cool paisley design. I hope to see some of your creations! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me wish i baked more! How can anyone resist edible glitter?! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete