A Much Needed Camera Update

For those of you reading who don't know, I have an avid interest in photography, even though I don't get to use my camera as much as I'd like to. I've owned a Nikon D80 ever since I started getting into photography, around my GCSEs. That was such a long time ago, and I've been thinking for ages that I needed a new camera.

As my dad is also very into photography (and has an amazing kit) I turned to him for advice. After telling him what I was looking for with my budget - a flip-out screen, higher megapixels/quality, live view, and just generally a more up to date body, I ended up purchasing the Nikon D5200, I decided to get it secondhand off a great site, MPB Photographic for £304. The camera had been barely used, and you wouldn't be able to tell that it wasn't brand new as it came with all the accessories it would from a store.

In order to test out my new camera, I took it to Oxford with me a couple of weeks ago and then into central London last week. I'm still getting the hang of my new kit, and trying to come to terms that I'm still using the cheapest lenses around. I can't afford to buy any new lenses as it stands, so I'll be asking for something around Christmas/my 21st. Until then I'm trying to utilize my new camera/old lens to the best of its ability. I haven't had time to process all of my photos but here are a couple that I took last week..(along with a badly taken selfie with my brother and dad!)







What interests/hobbies do you have? Do you indulge in any photography?

Dayna x



No comments:

Post a Comment