Homemade Quiche Lorraine

So in my last post, I mentioned that I made homemade quiches for me and my family to enjoy during an afternoon tea. I thought I would go into a bit more detail about these as it was my first time making something pastry based!

I decided to make four individual quiche lorraines, using my new loose based tartlet tins from Lakeland. My boyfriend got me these for my birthday back in February, and I had originally planned to make some sort of chocolate tart instead. My mum suggested that I try out quiches to have something more savoury for the tea, and it worked out perfectly.

I followed this recipe from the BBC Food website, and cooked these the day before I served them.


The pastry before it went in the oven. I lined these with parchment paper and filled them with baking beans before blind baking according to the recipe.

The pastry cases after being blind baked, and pricked on the bottoms with a fork. Mine puffed up a little on the bottoms, but this didn't seem to have an effect on the finished quiche.

The pastry cases, after being filled with grated cheese and cooked crispy bacon.

These are the quiche on the final stage before cooking for half an hour, with a mixture of egg, cream and milk poured over the bacon and cheese.

Here are the quiches as they just came out of the oven..perfectly cooked!

And finally, as they were served after being in the fridge overnight. We heated them up for about 30 seconds in the microwave to enjoy.


The quiches turned out to be delicious, extremely cheesy and stuffed with more filling than you would find in a store bought one. The recipe was also extremely easy to follow and I had a lot of fun making these. I love trying out new recipes and using my new equipment..next on the list is salted caramel chocolate tartlets.

Have you made quiche before? Do you enjoy cooking?

Dayna x

No comments:

Post a Comment